Illamasqua Apocalips Lipstick is definitely not for the faint-hearted.
I was sent the SkinMedica TNS Lip Plump System to review and you may remember seeing it in my Teal Temptation Lips video. Even though I have thick full lips, I still like to use lip plumpers on many occasions to make my lips all plump and juicy, which then irons out the lip wrinkles, prior to lipstick application.
SkinMedica TNS Lip Plump System is a 2 step process :-
Step 1 : TNS Lip Renewal – this a lovely light moisturising lip cream which leaves a non-sticky film behind and helps condition my lips
Step 2 : TNS Lip Plumper – this is a clear gel which has a slight chemical smell (which I can’t quite put my finger on where I know it) and it feels slightly tingly for around 60 seconds as the plumping effect takes place. The tingling sensation on my lips reminds me of the times when I add too much chilli oil to my noodles. (oooh, noodles!!!)
Have a look at the photos of my lips before and after using SkinMedica TNS Lip Plump System
Normal : My lips look dry and cracked
After Step 1 : My lips look smoother and has more even colour (but the lighting is slightly different)
After Step 2 : My lips look juicer and the lines are less pronounced and slightly more redness (I am guessing that there is some ingredient there which plumps up the lips because it goes all tingly and attracts more blood flow)
The plumping effect isn’t long-lasting on me and wears off after an hour. As I already have rather full lips, it isn’t a must-have for me but I can see how it would be perfect for the ladies who are not so blessed in the big lips department.
SkinMedica TNS Lip Plump System
Perfect for ladies who are after Angelina Jolie bee-stung lips, i.e. fuller, juicier lips; without the use of needles.
Lip plumpers – yay or nay? What say you?
The other day I rocked up at my local MAC counter in my post-gym sweaty workout gear sans make-up. I was dying to buy my first ever MAC red lipstick and I had decided that it would be from the MAC Marilyn Monroe collection which has just been released. There were only 4 of the MAC Marilyn Monroe lipsticks on display so I swatched them on the back of my hand :-
- Deeply Adored (matte) – vampy deep blue red (altho the lipstick bullet looks more plum)
- Charmed, I’m Sure (matte) – also a blue-based red (very similar to Sisley Rouge Passion)
- Love Goddess (satin) – vibrant pink, almost fuchsia
- Scarlet Ibis (matte) – bright orange-based red
- Pure Zen – which was not available to swatch – is a rosy beige according to Temptalia
- MAC SA’s ( = sales assistants) have a really bad rep for giving bad customer service – and I hate to say this so publicly on my blog but it’s true. Le sigh.
- The MAC Marilyn Monroe lipsticks cost $38 AUD in Australia but only cost $16.50 USD in USA!!! Totally not fair!!!
Have you bought anything from the MAC Marilyn Monroe collection? Which lippy shade do you like the most? And do your local MAC SA’s ignore you too?
As promised from yesterday’s post, say Hello to Karen Murrell Carnation Mist Lipstick.
Karen Murrell Carnation Mist Lipstick Swatch : a lovely rosy pink shine
Karen Murrell Carnation Mist Lipstick On My Lips : Very Angelina Jolie-esque lips, dontcha think?
Lip Stalker Summary
Karen Murrell Carnation Mist Lipstick
- Description : Rosy pink satin finish lipstick
- Similar : to nothing I own!!
- Smells : Cinammon (I like!)
- Price : around the $30 mark NZD, http://www.karenmurrell.com
- Famous last words : Nice neutral pink everyday lipstick colour for the conservative ladies
Same time, same place, next week for the next Karen Murrell Lipstick swatch 🙂
Hello there! Yes, your favourite stalker, Lip Stalker, is indeed still alive and kicking! What happened? I lost my lipstick loving mojo for a couple of months. [ Long story => I blame it on my hairy upper lip. I used a hair removal cream on it and it stung like a mofo to the point I shed tears and afterwards, not only did I have a hairy upper lip but it was enhanced by a ‘tache rash too! Not cool! Now the rash has calmed down but I have a ‘tache – I’m growing it for Movember 😛 ] Cheekiness (and hairy-ness) aside, let’s take a look at this awesome foursome of Karen Murrell Lipsticks.
- 06 Carnation Mist – peach pink
- 07 Fuchsia Shock – bright vibrant blue-based fuchsia pink
- 08 Coral Dawn – orange coral (similar to Kit Fire Lighter)
- 09 Sandstorm – nude beige
Who is Karen Murrell?? A New Zealander who has created a certified organic skincare ranges and natural lipsticks. Best to check out the website if you want more info : http://www.karenmurrell.com
And uh…I can’t find the lipsticks I reviewed on the website so I am not entirely sure if they have been discontinued or getting rebranded or waiting to be released…oops! I actually got sent these eons ago so I do apologise if you’re reading this Karen!
Lip Stalker Likes
- Whenever I wear 07 Fuchsia Shock and 08 Coral Dawn, the compliments are never-ending and I always get asked where to buy it.
- The lipsticks are ever-so-slightly tingly and have a cinnamon-y smell (I like that spiciness about it!)
- Satin finish – I prefer this to matte finishes
- Doesn’t dry out my lips due to its moisturising ingredients like avocado oil and shea butter
- They are made totally of natural ingredients and do not contain any mineral oils, animal-based material, parabens or preservatives.
Lip Stalker Dislikes
- Not easily available to purchase in Australia
- Cannot distinguish what colour it is unless you store it upside down to show the label but I am OCD-ish and I don’t like storing things upside down
Australian beauty addicts have been rejoicing recently due to Illamasqua’s historical move to reduce prices. Aussies have always had to pay over-inflated prices for cosmetics which is not fair. I totally agree because as you know, I am from Scotland so when I came to Australia, I was uber-shocked at the crazy prices for drugstore cosmetics; let alone premium cosmetic brands! Anyway, I am paying tribute to Illamasqua today by showing the classic matte red lipstick – Box – and the newest Empower Palette on my other beauty blog today.
Illamasqua Lipstick in Box is designed and named after Illamasqua’s Creative Director Alex Box. She is is instrumental in shaping the brand’s product development, imagery and creative vision from conception to execution. This is a big bold blue red matte lipstick that every girl should own in their lipstick collection because it is HOT and it makes teeth look extra white which is a big bonus!
Show-stopping red! Illamasqua Lipstick in Box – buy it now if you want to have sexy lips like mine *wink* !!!
Illamasqua Lipstick in Box
RRP : $24 AUD
Available in Illamasqua counters in selected Myer stores or online at ASOS.com
Illamasqua Lipstick in Box is a PR sample but all opinions and lips are my own 😉
Previous 1 2 3 4 … 10 Next