The other day I rocked up at my local MAC counter in my post-gym sweaty workout gear sans make-up. I was dying to buy my first ever MAC red lipstick and I had decided that it would be from the MAC Marilyn Monroe collection which has just been released. There were only 4 of the MAC Marilyn Monroe lipsticks on display so I swatched them on the back of my hand :-
- Deeply Adored (matte) – vampy deep blue red (altho the lipstick bullet looks more plum)
- Charmed, I’m Sure (matte) – also a blue-based red (very similar to Sisley Rouge Passion)
- Love Goddess (satin) – vibrant pink, almost fuchsia
- Scarlet Ibis (matte) – bright orange-based red
- Pure Zen – which was not available to swatch – is a rosy beige according to Temptalia
- MAC SA’s ( = sales assistants) have a really bad rep for giving bad customer service – and I hate to say this so publicly on my blog but it’s true. Le sigh.
- The MAC Marilyn Monroe lipsticks cost $38 AUD in Australia but only cost $16.50 USD in USA!!! Totally not fair!!!
Have you bought anything from the MAC Marilyn Monroe collection? Which lippy shade do you like the most? And do your local MAC SA’s ignore you too?