A while ago, I reviewed YSL Rouge Volupte Orange Shiver and today, please give a warm welcome to another lipstick from the YSL collection – YSL Rouge Pur Couture Golden Lustre Fuchsia Symbole 110.
Breathtaking, luxe packaging. The lipstick is encased in a gold rectangular case with beautifully embossed YSL. Eye-catching and irresistible. And that’s before we even get onto the lipstick itself!!
Fuchsia Symbole is a bright pink which simply pops on any skin tone. But be careful if your teeth aren’t bright white because this shade can make them appear more yellow.
During application, I noticed a rose scent (strangely similar to a Lancome mascara I own) but once on the lips, this scent fades.
YSL Rouge Pur Couture Golden Lustre isn’t as creamy as YSL Rouge Volupte but it has a lovely sheen satin finish. Doesn’t dry out the lips and because I love bringing it out to reapply, I haven’t got much of an idea about the lasting power.
Will I be buying more from the range? Heck, yes!!!
YSL Rouge Pur Couture Golden Lustre Fuchsia Symbole 110 Swatch
Pout ‘n’ Pose
Have you tried YSL lipsticks before? What is your favourite lip colour?
Hi ladies, today I am guest posting on Styling You where you can read about how my obsession for lipsticks came to life. I’d like to thank Nikki for this fantastic opportunity – I’ve met Nikki twice and I can tell you that she has great taste in lippies!! As well as sharing my passion for lipsticks, I was asked to share my current top 5 favourite lipsticks and, oh boy, it took me 2 long weeks to come up with the list – and that’s because I love so many!! Anyway, without further ado, please allow me to share…
My Current Top 5 Favourite Lipsticks
(In no particular order)
1. Lancome L’Absolu Nu 103 Rouge Mousseline ($49 AUD) – Sheer plum with microshimmer which gives a shiny, moisturising finish! Doesn’t have the heavy lipstick feel and has a delicate scent. LOVE!
2. NYX Black Label Lipstick Apple ($10.95 AUD) – Bright orange-red which gets compliments EVERY time I wear it! Great pop of colour! LOVE!
3. YSL Rouge Volupte 14 Orange Shiver ($55 AUD) - This is a trendy peachy-orange-nude shade perfect for Summer. I have mentioned before that I love the luxe packaging with a mirror on the lid – genius! LOVE!
4. FACE OF AUSTRALIA Lip Quench SPF30+ Malibu Barbie ($8.45 AUD)- Flirtatiously loud pink shade at an afforable price! Check out other colours in the range. LOVE!
5. Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Supreme Shine RD 165 ($29.30 AUD at a membership online stockist but usual RRP is around $50) – Sheer shiny shimmery red with sexy packaging. Slightly disappointed with the number/letters name of it, but still LOVE!
Pout ‘n’ Pose
Do any of these tickle your fancy? And what are your current top 5 favourite lippies?
One of YSL’s bestsellers is the YSL Rouge Volupté range and it’s no wonder why with its luxurious gold case packaging, desirable shades and creamy lipstick formula.
Beautiful. Beautiful packaging. Beautiful lipstick. Fabulous idea to have a tiny mirror on the lid. I will use any excuse to flash this beauty in public. Smooth application with great pigmentation and it’s moisturising. Lasting power is 3-4 hours on me. I love love love YSL Rouge Volupte and I will definitely be adding more of these to my collection.
YSL Rouge Volupte Orange Shiver Lipstick Swatch
Orange Shiver is an opaque coral peach; not exactly orange.
Pout ‘n’ Pose
Have you tried YSL lipsticks? Which high-end lipsticks do you have?